Romans 12:1-2

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Focus stuff...


And now... the focus. The purpose for being on the beach and looking at things from a biblical worldview: teenagers.

At least that's my focus. Although I want to see all of life from the beach, looking at things in a transformed way, in line with God's Word, the snippit of life that this blog will hone in on is life with teenagers.

At one point I was a teenager. I have worked with teenagers for most of my adult life. I interned in my church youth group while I was in college. I worked with Fellowship of Christian Athletes, leading small groups for area FCA Days. I taught high school for years, coaching cheerleaders and serving as advisor to the Student Council. And my husband and I were huddle coaches for our high school's chapter of FCA. I've taught middle schoolers in Sunday School. I've spoken to large groups of mothers and daughters about issues of modesty and purity. I've even served as producer and moderator for modesty videos. Recently, I've been teaching high school journalism. I have worked with teenagers A LOT.

And nothing I have ever done or am doing now prepared me for the experience of parenting a teenager of my own. That, my friends, is a whole 'nother ball game!

So I NEED this view from the beach. I need it personally to maintain perspective.

I have two teenagers in my house now, one boy and one girl. So we're seeing how the different genders approach the teen years in different ways. We also have another child who is headed towards the teen years more quickly than we'd like to admit.

So here goes... as we walk through parenting teens, I'm going to share things. I pray they will be for the glory of my Lord Jesus Christ. I pray that they will be encouraging and informative to you.


Many blessings,
BeachMom




No comments:

Post a Comment